How can the surge of present-day technology be beneficial to PH farmers? Is Information Technology relevant to Farming and Agriculture?
Well, our Innovative Thinkers have found the answer! Five BS IT alumni and students bagged the second runner-up award in the Unionbank 2-day Agri-Tech Coding Marathon at Azuela Cove, last August 25 – 26, 2018.
Nhove Divino, Edwin Encomienda, Socrates Tuas, Florence Comajes, and Ray Anthony Jorolan presented a long-awaited solution to an agricultural problem through their App – FarmHouse. This mobile app can help anybody transform their backyard into their own farmland! It has user-friendly features, such as;
– Realtime image capture (for products and farm updates)
– The Retailer automatically sees the uploaded photos of the Farmer
– Has Backyard Farming guides
– Provides a great platform to showcase crops and livestock
– Retailers can purchase goods via UnionBank fund transfer API
– Has a Calendar (to mark harvest and other important dates)
– Creates a FarmHouse/ Agricultural Community
This app can be an online market that is accessible to Farmers, Retailers and Consumers! It empowers self-sufficiency and production. Padayon, DNSC IIT programmers!